Western PA Beekeeping Seminar
Dates: Friday and Saturday, February 13 & 14, 2015
Time: Friday 7pm – 9pm; Saturday 8am – 4:30pm
Location: Four Points Sheraton, Pittsburgh North, Mars PA 16046
Registration Deadline: Sunday Feb 8, 2015.
Cost: $50 per Participant; $30 per Guest
Click HERE for Registration and Information.
Join beekeepers of Western PA for the most up to date information about managing honeybees. A trade show featuring major beekeeping supply companies will be held on site in conjunction with the seminar.
- Jerry Hayes – former FLA State Apiarist and current commercial director for Beeologics.
- Dr. Larry Connor – former OSU Extension Entomologist, author and owner of Wicwas Press
- Karen Roccasecca – PA State Apiarist
- Jessica Onstead – 2015 PA Honey Queen
- Fred Blosat – Culinary Chef, exploring ways of cooking with honey
- Doug Oster – Author and Co-Host of KDKA Radio’s The Organic Gardners
- Mehemet Doki – PhD Candidate, Grozinger Lab, Penn State University, Focus on Over-wintering Behavior in Honey Bees
- Bee Informed Partnership – Supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), the Bee Informed Partnership is a collaboration of efforts across the country from some of the leading research labs and university in agriculture and science. With data from real beekeepers, they use statistics to find trends towards better beekeeping practices that result in healthier honey bees.
Confirmed Trade Show Vendors*: (*Additional vendors are expected to attend)
- Blue Sky Bee Supply
- Brushy Mountain Bee Farm
- Dadant and Sons – NY Office
- Mann Lake
- Simpson Bee Supply
- Wicwas Press
Western PA Beekeeping Seminar Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/WPABeekeepers